For those who like to experiment with cold foods whey protein ice cream can be a great discovery. You can make such delicious ice cream from pure microfiltered whey protein plus a few things added for flavor that for a time. This could be just amusing and useful at the same time. It can also add a lot to your high protein diet so that you can really enjoy it.
So all that you will need is:
- A few scoops of microfiltered whey protein powder (enough to yield 40g of pure protein)
- 200 ml (6 1/2 fl oz) chilled water
- Or 200 ml (6 1/2 fl oz) unsweetened coconut cream
- 3 ice cubes
- Artificial sweetener to taste
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract or coffee, chocolate, orange or lemon
- 60g raspberries or blueberries (optional)
- An ice cream chiller or an ice cube tray without the dividers in it
How to make all that:
Blend all the ingredients together in a blender that crushes the ice completely. Place in an ice cream maker or chiller for 10—15 minutes until ice cream is formed. If you don’t have an ice-cream maker, you can pour the mixture into flat ice cube trays (provided you remove the dividers) and put in the freezer to chill. Remove every 10—15 minutes and mix with a fork so that it doesn’t go completely hard and then chill again. This usually takes 30—45 minutes. What you end up with is a delicious ice cream which is entirely made of protein if you go for water; or which is low in carbs if you go for coconut cream.
So after all you will have:
- Protein – 40g per recipe
- Usable carbohydrate – 0g per recipe
Hope this recipe will add some sweetness to your high protein diet.